Virtual Workshop for Newcomers and Recent Immigrants to Canada - Managing Your Money in Canada, Intermediate (New Canadians’ Centre of Excellence Inc.)
9:00 - 11:30 a.m. EST
The Canadian Foundation for Economic Education (www.cfee.org) is organizing a virtual workshop designed for newcomers and recent immigrants to Canada designed to help newcomers adapt to the realities of life in Canada, with a financial focus.
Our goal for the workshop is to help participants to:
- think about financial matters in a Canadian context (to identify what is the same, and what may be different from a participant’s country of origin);
- reflect on life events and the financial decisions that relate to those events; and
- practice the appropriate vocabulary and English language terms around money and financial decisions in Canada.
This workshop is for those that have achieved Canada Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 to 6. Topics include:
- Budgeting Beyond Basics
- Buying or Leasing (Houses, Cars)
- Saving for Education
- Taxation in Canada, Filing Income Taxes
- Basic Investments
The financial challenges of living in a COVID-19 Pandemic will be addressed and participants will be introduced to a web-based tool, addressing financial questions linked to life events and money decisions that Canadians make. Please visit the Managing Your Money in Canada website for more details – www.mymic.ca
Date and time – click on the link below to join. Please note that all webinars will be followed with a 15 minute question and answer session.
Wednesday, March 30, 2022
9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. EST
Join here: https://cfee-org.zoom.us/j/88069111263?pwd=V0Q0ZEJCZmpOQkxhRUZxdFEyWTJJQT09
Where: Zoom Videoconferencing Platform
Who: This workshop will be presented by Kevin Maynard, VP of the Canadian Foundation for Economic Education (CFEE)
We hope that you can take advantage of this great opportunity!