This workshop is the second in a two-workshop series of opportunities for educators at the junior high and high school level to build their capacity and engage learners in financial literacy opportunities. The first National WebPD Workshop was designed to create a new national network to support educators and introduce participants to the program and provide a national overview of latest research around education initiatives designed to increase financial capability of all learners.
- The first workshop also provided a summary of curriculum developments across Canada and a snapshot of resources designed to engage students and build capacity and confidence in educators engaged in Financial Literacy courses.
- This regional workshop will provide you with more specific references to the curriculum objectives of specific disciplines in YOUR province or territory. You will also be provided with a resource toolkit with learning materials designed to meet curriculum requirements where you teach.
- Choose one of the four one and a half – hour Regional Workshops below. Each workshop will also provide an opportunity for an additional thirty-minute Question and Answer period, immediately following the workshop. All workshops will be available on Zoom. For more details, please see Events | Canadian Foundation for Economic Education (cfee.org).
- Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 7:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m., MT – Alberta
- Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., MT – Alberta
- Monday, May 16, 2022, 7:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m., EST – Ontario
- Tuesday, May 17, 2022, 7:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m., ST – Saskatchewan
- Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 7:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m., CT – Manitoba
- CFEE has had a long history of connecting education communities to leading edge resources designed to equip educators at all levels – K-12 and beyond – with the skills, knowledge and resources to support new approaches to learning – particularly in the area of Career Development, Entrepreneurship and Financial Literacy. We contribute to efforts to improve these areas of instruction through initiatives to build capacity through the professional development of educators. This program is specifically designed for teachers working with students in grades 8-12 (typically middle school, junior high, or high school).
- Thank you for helping to build a network of financial literacy educator champions in your region.
To register for this Regional WebPD Workshop, please click on the link below: