Virtual Workshop for Newcomers and Recent Immigrants to Canada - Managing Your Money in Canada, Intermediate
7:00 - 8:30 p.m. Atlantic Time (6:00 - 7:30 p.m. EST)
The Canadian Foundation for Economic Education (www.cfee.org) is organizing a virtual workshop designed for newcomers and recent immigrants to Canada designed to help newcomers adapt to the realities of life in Canada, with a financial focus.
Our goal for the workshop is to help participants to:
- think about financial matters in a Canadian context (to identify what is the same, and what may be different from a participant’s country of origin);
- reflect on life events and the financial decisions that relate to those events; and
- practice the appropriate vocabulary and English language terms around money and financial decisions in Canada.
This workshop is for those that have achieved Canada Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 to 6. Topics include:
- Budgeting Beyond Basics
- Buying or Leasing (Houses, Cars)
- Saving for Education
- Taxation in Canada, Filing Income Taxes
- Basic Investments
The financial challenges of living in a COVID-19 Pandemic will be addressed and participants will be introduced to a web-based tool, addressing financial questions linked to life events and money decisions that Canadians make. Please visit the Managing Your Money in Canada website for more details – www.mymic.ca
Date and time – click on the link below to register. Please note that all webinars will be followed with a 15 minute question and answer session.
Tuesday, October 12, 2021 from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. Atlantic Time (6:00 – 7:30 p.m. EST)
Where: Zoom Videoconferencing Platform (link will be provided upon registration)
Who: This workshop will be presented by Kevin Maynard, VP of the Canadian Foundation for Economic Education (CFEE)
We hope that you can take advantage of this great opportunity!