Building Futures in Alberta offers FinLit instruction training around material directly related to the Alberta education curriculum.
Learn about CFEE’s repository of financial literacy resources and instruction aids, including the Building Futures in Alberta program, which was created with support from the province of Alberta and relates directly to Alberta’s education curriculum.
Friday, November 3rd:
- Registration 6:00 PM
- Welcome and Introductions from Gary Rabbior, President and CEO, Canadian Foundation for Economic Education (CFEE)
- Keynote presentation “Zero to $1 million in 60 minutes” from Gordon Stein, Author of “Cashflow Cookbook”
- Wine and Cheese Reception
Saturday, November 4th:
- Registration at 8:30 AM
- Keynote presentation “We Should Talk — What Educators Need to Know About Financial Capability and Mental Health” from Dr. Moira Somers
- Building Futures in Alberta
- Integrating Enterprising Skills: What They Are and How They Can Help from Michelle Jones, Executive Director, Yellowhead East Community Futures
- Noah Booth, Author of “A Rich Future – Essential Financial Concepts for Youth”
- Financial Literacy Through an Indigenous Lens from Georgina Twoyoungmen, Director of Anukatha Hotu Iethka Society
Click here to register.