Supporting the Professional Development of Teachers
“Money and Youth: A Guide to Financial Literacy” is CFEE’s most widely distributed education resource with over 500,000 copies in circulation. Across Canada, more and more provinces are increasing financial education in their provincial curricula. At the same time, the vast majority of teachers have not had training in this subject area.
The Money and Youth book and website can help support teachers but, beyond that, there is a need for professional development support. Where and when opportunities arise for workshops for teachers, CFEE would be willing to consider support with a presenter and free resources.
If you know of such an opportunity, or would like to plan a session to help teachers enhance their background and skill in teaching financial education, please contact CFEE. We will do all that we can to try and support your efforts.
- CFEE has been conducting workshops to support teachers for almost 40 years
- Workshops can focus on economic, financial, enterprise, or career development capability – all or a selection
- Workshops include free resources and takeaways for teachers attending
- There is no cost for CFEE presenters or the resources provided
- The timing is flexible and can be organized around what works best for the organizing group – that is, a school board, subject area association, conference, etc.
- Workshops can be conducted in English or French
- Help improve the confidence and capability of teachers to provide economic, financial, enterprise, and career development education
- Provide free resources to teachers to support their instruction
- Share links re other sources and resources that can provide support
- Provide up-to-date information to teachers in all four subject areas
- Teachers feel more confident and competent in providing financial, economic, enterprise, and career development education
- Teachers are equipped with resources that can support their instruction
- Teachers have an opportunity to network among themselves and acquire valuable information from others teaching similar subjects