The Canadian Foundation for Economic Education (www.cfee.org) together with IG Wealth Management, has organized a series of virtual workshops designed to help seniors develop a better understanding of financial issues relevant and important to them.
Our goal for the workshops is to help participants:
- learn how to set and reach financial goals
- adapt, plan for and manage retirement from a financial perspective
- make estate arrangements that make sense personally and financially – including a discussion of tax implications for the estate and beneficiaries and the impact of charitable donations and gifting
- recognize the impact of taxation on retirement plans and related decisions. Considerations will include:
- converting registered investments into a RRIF and managing those funds
- CPP, OAS and GIS and tax implications of decisions made regarding pension income
- making decisions around expenses related to estate planning, end of life and death (references will include dealing with caregiving and accommodation considerations around chronic and terminal health issues)
The workshop will also include a Question and Answer session with a Certified Financial Planner that will enable participants to ask general questions around taxation and financial planning issues that they consider important.
This workshop will be presented by Kevin Maynard, Vice-President of the Canadian Foundation for Economic Education, and hosted on the Zoom videoconferencing platform.
Click here to register.