Virtual Workshop for Newcomers and Recent Immigrants to Canada - Managing Your Money in Canada, Advanced
12:45 - 2:15 p.m. Pacific Time
The Canadian Foundation for Economic Education (www.cfee.org) is organizing a virtual workshop designed for newcomers and recent immigrants to Canada designed to help newcomers adapt to the realities of life in Canada, with a financial focus. The workshop presentation will run from 12:45 – 2:15 p.m. PT followed by a Question & Answer period from 2:15 – 2:45 p.m. PT.
Our goal for the workshop is to help participants to:
- think about financial matters in a Canadian context (to identify what is the same, and what may be different from a participant’s country of origin);
- reflect on life events and the financial decisions that relate to those events; and
- practice the appropriate vocabulary and English language terms around money and financial decisions in Canada.
This workshop is for those that have achieved Canada Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 to 6.
- Review of Canada’s Financial System, Canadian Banking
- Stock markets in Canada
- Investing in Real Estate
- Wealth management tips and a review of Basic Investments
- Tax reduction strategies
The financial challenges of living in a COVID19 Pandemic will be addressed and participants will be introduced to a web-based tool, addressing financial questions linked to life events and money decisions that Canadians make.
Please visit the Managing Your Money in Canada website for more details – www.mymic.ca
Date and time – click on the link below to register.
Friday, November 6, 2020 from 12:45 – 2:15. p.m. Pacific Time (There will also a Question & Answer period from 2:15 – 2:45 p.m. PT)
Where: Zoom Videoconferencing Platform
Who: This workshop will be presented by Kevin Maynard, Vice-President of the Canadian Foundation for Economic Education (CFEE)
We hope that you can take advantage of this great opportunity!