Increase Your Savings: See How Little Changes Can Add Up
This savings tool helps you to see how making some changes in your life - big or small - can have an impact on your ability to spend less and potentially build up more savings.
Use the Calculator!
- Enter a change that you think you could make over the course of a week. For example, you might decide to make your lunch twice a week rather than buying it. You enter "2" less "lunches" per week.
- Enter the amount that you could save on each item. For example, if you can save $6 on each lunch you make yourself, enter "$6" each.
- Click "Calculate" and the savings tool will show how much you could save over the course of a year by making that change.
- Enter a number of changes and see how they all add up.
- You may want to set a savings target, and then see which changes you 'd have to make to reach your goal after one year.
- You can then click on "Print" to print out a copy of the results. Then, try to stick with those changes and watch the savings add up.